16 days ago
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Mid-level Audio Designer with a passion for sound effects and game audio. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful independent developer with our own in-house audio facilities and support experienced audio designers. Tasks will include creating, refining and implementing audio assets for a cross platform title, as well as assisting on other projects in production as required.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford HQ. We can consider permanent or fixed-term contracts employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
In this role you will;
- Report to the Head Of Audio, Project Audio Lead and Project Producers regarding the sound design direction and audio-related requirements of the current game, technology requirements, resource issues, etc
- Design and create high quality audio assets for various in-house projects
- Perform sound format conversion, EQ, looping, mixing, adding DSP effects, normalisation and sound balancing for in-game assets on multiple platforms
- Implement designed audio assets into the game using the game engine tools.
- Carry out audio dept operations; setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, archiving recorded material, engineering recording sessions, etc
- Keep up-to-date on current artistic and technical production trends in game audio and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Collaborate productively within multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production goals and deadlines
1-2 year’s game audio experience (or proven experience in audio production) is preferred, as would be at least 1 finished product in a critical audio role, any experience producing sound for multiple target platforms, and any proven track record with AAA console products.
Please provide a show-reel demonstrating your sound design talents (music content optional, please note that this is an audio/music editing/implementation role so would not suit someone solely interested in composing).
You will have;
- Outstanding creative and technical audio production skills, strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic
- Excellent understanding of audio production, editing and mastering
- Very good understanding of EQ, dynamic range, compression techniques and multi-channel audio formats
- Experience with professional audio editing tools such as (or similar to) Reaper, Sound Forge, Cubase, various plug ins, etc.
- Experience with game audio implementation software, such as Wwise, Fmod, or similar 1st/3rd party tools.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games and a passion for audio in games
- An understanding of programming methods and conventions would be an advantage
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries