Audio Designer (Remote)
15 days ago
Midnight Society is a AAA game development studio building a PvPvE online multiplayer game that leverages a platform focused on providing early access to our pre-launched titles, ability to trade and sell entitlements earned in games.
Our early Access Pass model, currently in its Founder’s stage, has over 400k users signed up within a week to participate with 10k already approved and playing early Snapshot builds. Our approach and studio is currently backed by founders who are veterans of the game industry with multiple past exits, several prominent venture capital firms, angel investors, and influential strategic partners.
We support fully remote development and offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages for team members and their families. We are focused on building a 'Day Zero' Community, incorporating player involvement at all stages of development.
In this role you will
- Work with the Creative Director and engineering team to deliver world class audio for PVP multiplayer
- Have an obsession with driving gameplay through audio and perfecting combat audio
- Work with weapon designers, level designers, and combat designers to compliment designs through audio
- Work with Audio team to capture, edit, and implement audio that captures the vision for the game
- Work with engineering to develop tools and techniques for proper sound design to enhance PVP combat and not distract from it
The ideal candidate will possess
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A passion for the shooter genre
- Obsess over the mix between local-audio, global-audio, and world-audio
- A technical mindset on how to leverage UE5 and proprietary tools to give designers full control of sound design
- An understanding on how crucial sound design is to a shooter experience and willingness to fight for it's prioritzation
- Experience designing audio systems or sound design in a AAA experience, preferably an online shooter