Audio Designer (10 Month Contract) - Dragon Age
8 days ago
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
- You will:
- Deliver creative sound design that brings our amazing worlds to life for our players.
- Build and implement audio designs to deliver immersive, meaningful aesthetic behaviours.
- Embrace the established BioWare audio model of teamwork throughout the development process.
- Assess issues and build creative solutions, whether design or technical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 2 years industry experience
- An understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Proficient command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task.
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, or similar authoring environment - a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus.
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with a knowledge of recording gear, microphones and techniques.