This job might no longer be available.
25 days ago
About our organization: EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS™ creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA SPORTS™ FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS™ as UFC.
About our role: EA SPORTS™ FC is hiring an experienced Audio Artist to contribute to game audio development, as part of the FC Audio team you will report to the Development Manager and collaborate with Audio Directors and EA SPORTS™ leads, to support features, small projects, and tasks. You should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with expertise in at least one audio discipline. Required skills include creativity, technical proficiency, artistic sensibility, and teamwork. If this sounds like you, apply to join our team!
- Comply with audio leads and EA SPORTS™ FC development team's guidelines for designing, gathering, editing, and implementing audio
- Adhere to a schedule and submit final audio files by set deadlines
- Manage assets through editing, naming, and organizing files using spreadsheet and database tools
- Verify and gather content for both creative and technical design aspects
- Implement audio assets and interactive elements directly in our game engine and audio tools
- Advocate for and help design audio pipeline features and workflow processes
- Document audio systems and summarize them for the development team
- Handle post-production audio for in-game video content
- Control quality to meet project standards and targets
- 3+ years game/audio experience
- Experience designing audio from scratch, processing, and editing.
- Proficient in using game development tools, technology, and pipelines (e.g., Wwise, FMOD)
- Sound knowledge of modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one major DAW (e.g., ProTools, Nuendo, Live, Reaper)
- Experience with visual programming languages for audio, (e.g.,Unreal Blueprints, Max/MSP, PureData),
- Knowledge of scripting or programming used to automate tasks, (e.g., Python and Batch scripts)
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Knowledge of soccer leagues, teams, and rules
- Experience with Field Recording
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Perforce)
- Experience with bug/task tracking tools (e.g., Jira, Devtrack)
- Experience with relational databases (MS Access)
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.