Associate Texture Artist
1 month ago
At Turtle Rock, we make the games we want to play. We're dedicated to providing a collaborative environment where our team members feel empowered with the creative freedom to contribute and grow. While we are based in Orange County, CA, we support flexible work arrangements ranging from in-studio, hybrid, to fully remote throughout North America. Join our award-winning game development team and help create our next AAA title.
We are seeking a passionate Associate Texture Artist to help deliver visually dynamic gameplay experiences. As an Associate Texture Artist, you will collaborate with the development team to help create textures and apply them to 3D models to enhance the visual aesthetics of the game. The ideal candidate has a passion for games and demonstrates a clear desire to learn and grow in their knowledge as a Texture Artist through their work. This position will report to the Lead Texture Artist.
- Develop high-quality tiling textures, populate shaders, and produce in-engine blend painting and texture work
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to create and improve next-gen shaders
- Work with rendering engineers and tech artists to make visually stunning game art while adhering to performance guidelines on next-gen platforms
- Optimize textures for performance by managing file sizes and resolutions whilst maintaining visual quality
- Communicate effectively with the team to fulfill the visual goals and style of game assets and environments
- Basic knowledge of setting up tiling texture maps, applying blends, and populating shaders
- Competent knowledge of Substance Suite, primarily Substance Designer - Maya - Unreal Engine 4 onwards
- Basic knowledge of Physically Based Rendering with basic examples of populating PBR shaders
- Strong understanding of UVs and unwrapping methods to limit stretching and distortion
- Ability to pack UV maps efficiently and not default to automatic unwraps
- Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- A strong desire to progress through dedicated learning and be proactive with regularly given feedback
- A strong portfolio reflecting various styles of texture creation and application
- Experience in scanning real-world surfaces for texture/material creation
- Understanding of texture blending composition and methods
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage for you and your family
- 401k Matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Plan / College Savings Plan
- Career Improvement Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements - In-House, Hybrid, and Remote
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Company Events - In-Person Summer Family Bash + Halloween Party + Virtual Events
- Fully Stocked Kitchen + Sponsored Food Trucks
The estimated base pay range for this role is: $60,000 - $78,000 USD
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.