This job might no longer be available.
Associate Test Analyst, Burst
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
- Execute provided testing tasks with an emphasis on manual test execution, test library maintanence, and test closure activities
- Work closely with other developers as content is delivered to ensure requirements are both verified and validated
- Use KPIs to validate and report against software quality SLAs
- Be a creative thinker who can test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Responsible for working within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Support the test design effort through the creation and modification of test cases and work estimations
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or approximately 3 years of equivalent experience
- Understanding of the fundamental test process
- Analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understand various SDLC best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Passion for games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- CTFL, ISTQB or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and service
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!