Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We’re looking for an Associate Technical Level Designer to create modular interactions and one-off scripted moments. This individual will work side by side with our Level Design, Systems Design, Combat Design and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems.
As an Associate Technical Level Designer, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with design, art and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. You have a strong computer science and/or scripting background, and have likely worked on small student or personal projects, if not a shipped commercial game.
- Work closely with the level designers and combat designers to create interactive objects and set pieces within the larger game.
- Solve problems using creative and innovative ideas.
- Create tools to optimize workflow and help the design team iterate more efficiently.
- Author complex scripted scenarios.
- Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final.
- The ideal candidate is part designer and part programmer.
- Experience with LUA scripting, or other C/C++ scripting.
- Experience creating tools and solving technical issues for design.
- Completing a Computer Science and/or related degree.
- Friendly, assertive, and open-minded.
- Experience designing puzzles or small games is preferred.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.