Associate Technical Director - Hearthstone
18 days ago
Job Title:Associate Technical Director - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a versatile and enthusiastic Associate Technical Director to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making Hearthstone.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to provide technical mentorship and guidance for a group of technical managers that support Hearthstone. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically exciting environment with a full range of benefits.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance for a group of technical managers.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director and Engineering Manager on future career growth opportunities for all engineers.
- Advocate the importance of engineering initiatives while delivering key features for Hearthstone.
- Work closely with Hearthstone's leadership team to define engineering roadmap.
- Actively collaborate across all sub-teams to ensure quality engineering work at a balanced cadence.
- Proven track record in developing high-quality production software, specifically games.
- Extensive experience in mobile and gameplay engineering.
- Significant leadership experience in engineering and dedication to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse team.
- Strong background in Unity and C# with experience in extending and improving an established codebase.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Expertise in communicating effectively with team members in all fields.
- Steadfast drive for quality and improvements.
- Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles with live services.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degrees.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.