Associate Technical Artist - Optimization
9 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for a passion-driven associate technical artist to work with our art teams to troubleshoot technical issues and optimize the content in our game worlds. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Andover, Massachusetts.
WHAT WE DO
The role of a technical artist constantly evolves over the course of a project cycle. Some of these roles include:
- Oversee all optimization work and needs for the art department.
- Alter art assets to improve memory footprints and/or decrease performance cost.
- Assist and guide the art department with adding new content to our games.
- Help artists with technical pipeline issues.
- Create and analyze performance capture data - providing actionable tasks to optimize while maintaining visual quality.
- Work with engine team to manage and improve our performance/optimization feature set.
- Monitoring game world memory/performance to keep our games running optimally as possible during development.
- Manipulation of art assets in 3d max.
- Finding creative solutions to technical problems.
- Working closely with various art departments to guide them through creating art assets optimized to our game engine.
- Managing/monitor asset databases.
- Educational experience in 3D art production.
- Experience creating performant game assets inside of a game engine.
- Strong knowledge in 3DS Max or similar 3D program.
- Good ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Critical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work with multiple development disciplines effectively.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- One to two years professional experience in the games industry.
- SQL knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.