Associate Technical Artist- Madden (temp/contract)
9 days ago
Associate Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
Role Overview: Technical Artists are the bridge between art and programming departments, and have the capability to understand the nuances of art creation and technical code. They demonstrate technical proficiency in basic 3D concepts and have experience in both art and programming. As an Associate Technical Artist, you will be an individual contributor on a central tech art team supporting the technical delivery of tools and art on EA SPORTS titles across a distributed production environment.
NOTE: Portfolio Required (details below)
- Work alongside peers on Tech Art team and with Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision, reach consensus, provide/receive feedback, innovate, and cultivate ideas, with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move EA into the future.
- Collaborate and communicate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand issues and/or requirements and offer support (via time, training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
- Assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet (or anticipate) artist needs and effectively drive productivity for content creators across multiple sports titles.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuously learning and familiarizing oneself with various technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
- Approach tasks in a timely, organized, and meticulous manner, self-prioritizing as required and communicating status and results to stakeholders as appropriate.
- 1+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired, Houdini a plus) and experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired).
- Basic understanding of fundamental 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, lighting, rigging, skinning, dynamics, particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Basic experience with shader development (HLSL/Renderman or visual language such as Maya Hypershade graphs)
- Familiarity with game engine workflows, asset requirements, performance budgets and profiling, build systems, asset conditioning/export pipelines, and revision control systems.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills. Candidates must be able to quickly identify and resolve art issues and demonstrate versatility.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume. Include detailed breakdowns of your work and be clear about which elements you personally created.
Please include as many examples of the following as you can:
- Tools and pipeline work. Provide script and code samples. For example: exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
- Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.