This job might no longer be available.
Associate Software Engineer
24 days ago
Job Title:Associate Software Engineer
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our massive franchises. We have launched well over 100 games, and our services connect multiple millions of players each day into epic entertainment experiences.
While Call of Duty continues to push us to build bigger and better systems year on year. We also have a strong history of supporting great franchises such as Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny, Diablo, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
Our success comes from our talented and passionate people. Our work environment is welcoming and collaborative, we deliver on time and at scale.
We are looking for an Associate Software Engineer and you will be joining the Fusion team within the Game Services department at Demonware. You will work closely with the game development studios that produce AAA blockbuster titles including Call of Duty®. Fusion’s mission is to make sure all Activision catalog is sustainable in the long term, which includes supporting new platforms for our new and old games. To be able to accomplish that mission, you’ll need to have a good understanding on how the game and the backend work. You’ll need to make sure what is shipped is tested accurately to ensure we provide the best-in-class experience to our players.
- Understanding and improving our backend services.
- Own, operate and support the features you develop.
- Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer experiences.
- Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
- Experience with Python coding, or skills in a similar language
- Some understanding of services-oriented architecture
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, security and scalability
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Some experience with distributed systems and web technologies
Nice to have:
- C++ coding, or skills in a similar language
- Experience with docker containers and Kubernetes
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leader boards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty®, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot™ and Skylanders®. Our main motto is Always Game!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.