This job might no longer be available.
Associate Software Engineer - League of Legends
15 days ago
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
As an Associate Software Engineer on League of Legends, you will be responsible for supporting the League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics (TFT) team to deliver player-facing features or content production tools , depending on your specialty. Working on features seen by 100 millions of players, you will have the opportunity to express yourself in a role that promotes a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit allowing you to learn from the best while perfecting your craft in the most unique way possible!
As a part of our growing team, you will report to our Engineering Manager, and work closely under the mentorship of either the Gameplay or the Tool Technical Lead.
Please note that Riot Games does not offer relocation packages for this position. You need to be able to work legally in Singapore, without Riot Games’ sponsorship, to be considered.
- Be part of a Gameplay Team that delivers features to players in a bi-weekly release schedule or Be part of a Tool team that creates and improves Content Creation tools
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Follow standards to ensure high quality code
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of LoL
- Be able to legally work in Singapore
- 1 to 5 years of hands-on experiences with C++. Fluency required .
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Clear understanding of engineering practices & design methods
- Some experience working with QA, test environments and secure deployment
- Some experience working in a software engineering team (usage of source control, peer reviews, technical documentation, …)
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- Some Experience working on a Video Game or 3D Content Pipeline (as a professional or as a Hobby)
- Some Experience working with Scripts (Python, Lua, Monoscript, C#)
Nice to have Qualifications
- Ability to read/write and speak Mandarin
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits