Job Title : Associate Quality Assurance Project Lead - Mobile
Reporting To: QA Manager
Department : Quality Assurance
Location: Austin, TX
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com ,
https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Associate QA Project Lead - Mobile is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations on the test floor, often acting as an extension to the assigned QA Project Lead by assisting with the responsibilities of guiding a team of QA Testers through the functionality testing and/or 1st party compliance testing of an Activision product. The Associate QA Project Lead - Mobile may also be called upon to perform in an acting QA Project Lead role. This would involve organizing and leading the testing effort on assigned pre-release video games as well as being the main point of contact between Production staff, Development teams, and other Activision QA groups.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assists and makes recommendations to the QA Project Lead in overall project management including fielding and assigning out tasks and tracking test team effectiveness and issues across the project.
- Assists and makes recommendations to the QA Project Lead with the creation and maintenance, and auditing within DevTest.
- Assists and makes recommendations to the QA Project Lead with the completion of milestone assessment reports at Alpha & Beta in accordance with QA policies.
- Collaborates with and makes recommendations to the QA Project Lead in creating informative and accurate daily reports and may be called up to ensure consistent distribution to designated Production and Management staff.
- Contributes towards the development of effective test plans and performing standard testing on console games to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
- Assists in special projects, such as demonstrations, training, surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Assists in forming and improving QA systems and procedures by making recommendations to Leads, Sr. Leads, and Managers
- Manages the test team on a day-to-day basis, and occasionally serves as Lead in the QA Project Lead's absence.
- Assists the QA Project Lead with a review of all issues entered by the test teams to ensure bug reports include required information and conform to Activision QA standards.
- Tracks high severity issues across the project to ensure that they are resolved for submission.
- Independently reviews and assigns out NMI issues to testers to ensure swift updates to developer and Production questions regarding issues.
- Assists the QA Project Lead with initial research and evaluation of all disputed (‘Not a Bug,’ ‘Will Not Fix,’ & ‘Duplicate’) issues.
- Updates the database after each bug sweep.
Managing and Mentoring
- Monitors the defect report database and other platform associated databases.
- Provides direct supervision of the test team on a day-to-day basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Evaluates tester performance and recommends promotions or remediation plans to the Project Lead.
- Coach testers to alleviate any issues that arise.
- Prepares testers for additional responsibilities, such as Senior QA Testers.
- Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database.
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner.
- Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Has been in a leadership role (Senior QA Tester and/or Acting Associate QA Project Lead).
- 1+ years of experience working in the Activision QA Department or in a comparable Quality Assurance department.
- Possesses excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Proficient in exercising independent judgment in supervising others and/or making meaningful recommendations to senior managers with respect to decisions concerning personnel and team management.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor new employees.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and have strong prioritization skills.
- Must be punctual, proactive, and have a strong work ethic.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.