This job might no longer be available.
Associate Project Manager
12 days ago
Job Title:Associate Project Manager
Blizzard Esports is seeking a driven and skilled Associate Project Manager to join the WoW Esports team. As the primary WoW Esports Project Manager, the ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, possesses great verbal & written communication skills, is comfortable operating in business and production environments, and desires to quickly become the organizational center of gravity for WoW Esports projects and initiatives.
As a project manager, you understand that project success, outside of inputs, is paved by the fundamentals of organization and communication. You are a champion of communication and creating visibility and transparency across teams involved in the production of WoW Esports, including game development, business and commercial, leadership, and production teams. You possess the ability to gather, create, and organize the myriad bodies of information & data around a project, and then distill and disseminate them effectively to the stakeholder teams (internal and external). You have experience and confidence communicating to most levels of an organization, from leadership to operations teams, with versatility communicating across a range of subjects, from budgets, to strategy, to operations timelines & workflows. Finally, you can organize the dispersed workflows teammates, support teams, and external partners, toward a common project goal.
Your immediate objectives will be to structure the team’s business operations workflows, in partnership with the WoW Esports program lead, and secondly to understand and begin project managing the wider program production operations. This provides the unique opportunity of working on and directly impacting a program at all business and production levels. You will be an integral thought and business partner to the members of the WoW Esports team, primarily the program lead and esports manager, so gaining an understanding of co-dependencies between business & commercial initiatives and program operations, will be key for the success of the WoW Esports projects you will be leading.
- Organize and conduct key WoW Esports planning and production meetings
- Manage and maintain project management platforms for organizing team workflows
- Manage short & long-term team workflows and timelines, including strategy & planning, program operations
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of team projects and goals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with member of stakeholder groups, from leadership to production
- Develop a process of analysis, iteration, and improvement across projects
- Create, organize, maintain, and disseminate key program and project documents
- Facilitate and manage healthy communications throughout the team. Support the team and its members. Foster a culture of open collaboration and trust.
- Think and execute strategically on long-term project priorities, deliverables, and risks.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve risks/create contingency plans, that may prevent the team from achieving goals on time.
- 3+ years of experience working as a project manager or a producer role, preferably in gaming, software, or technology industries
- Evidence of practical application of project management practices in support of successful projects
- Includes demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Skill to communicate effectively, appropriately, and succinctly with key stakeholders and the team at large
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity
- Be a strong collaborative problem solver.
- Experience with project management platforms and tools
- Effective and clear written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of Blizzard games and gameplay values, especially World of Warcraft
- Interest or experience with the competitive gaming ecosystem(s), especially World of Warcraft
- Experience using Confluence, Jira, Trello, and Google platforms
- Esports Tournament Operations experience
- Broadcast operations experience
- Global work experience
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, with return to in-office at a later date. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.