Associate Project Manager - Operations (1 Year Contract)
16 days ago
As part of Kabam’s Operations team, the Associate Project Manager, Operations is a key part of project management both for our game development teams and central teams within the company. This is a great role for someone looking to start their journey into Operations project management in the video game industry and will provide opportunities to learn and grow while being mentored by seasoned games’ industry leaders.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Supporting the Operations team in scoping, scheduling and risk management for projects
- Assisting with KPI reporting and associated variance analysis
- Assisting with the tracking of day-to-day departmental tasks and proactively raising potential issues to senior staff
- Collaborating with teams to manage staffing data and ensuring accurate integration into appropriate systems and spreadsheets
- Assisting with the preparation of presentation materials
- Recording meeting minutes for distribution
- Adjusting to shifting priorities per instructions from senior managers
In order to be successful, we are looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience in a project management role, or similar role within the high-tech or video game industry
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as Game Design, Project Management, or Business Administration
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet applications (Excel, Google Sheets)
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in discussions and provide constructive feedback and opinions
- Strong business acumen ideal
- Ability to work with and reconcile data
- High attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected changes
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others within feature/stakeholder groups
- Contributes to a positive team culture and promotes great studio culture at Kabam
- Knowledge of video game development best practices, specifically around project management, is considered an asset. Working knowledge of financial reporting is also considered an asset
- Experience with project management or organizational applications is an asset. (Trello, Lucidchart etc)
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.