Associate Product Design Manager, Licensing
11 days ago
As an Associate Product Design Manager at Riot, you will be responsible for the execution and the approval of softline products globally of the League of Legends IP, and other Riot IP. You will build meaningful and trusting relationships with external partners and internal teams through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure a sustainable workflow without compromising quality, and strive for high quality execution of Riot brands. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will provide art direction and work to make the creative approval experience excellent and engaging for all parties involved.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Art Outsourcing and Creative Director and will work in partnership with them and our licensing team to shape the art style for our licensed products.
- Ability to design creatively within parameters of franchises and balance real world manufacturability.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- Work closely with licensees, category managers and Creative Managers in developing new product lines.
- Generate sketches, renderings, control drawings to conduct model reviews and artwork directions.
- Must have a keen eye and attention to detail with an understanding of trend forward design style and aesthetics and provide notes, overlays and comments to uphold our highest level of quality in product.
- Must have a passion/ knowledge of current cultural, design and entertainment as well as trends in fashion and apparel.
- Outline and roadmap style guide needs based on future trends and relevancy.
- 3+ years' experience working as an Art Outsource Manager, Art Licensing Manager, Product Design Manager, or similar industry role
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Thorough understanding of the product design and development process. (Ideation to final sampling / production)
- Experience collaborating and maintaining strong relationships with vendors
- Understanding of how to maintain brand cohesiveness across multiple products
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Self starter and has the abilities to take projects and run with little to no guidance and push projects beyond expectations.
- Communication skills to convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating to a variety of audiences. Communicates clearly, concisely and with impact, that promotes a free flow of information.
- Experience working with licensing partners across multiple categories
- Familiarity with standard print techniques and material requirements relating to physical product
- Knowledge of League of Legends eSports and VALORANT
- Experience with project tracking software like Airtable/Trello
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.