19 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Associate Producer to join us on the Rocket League production team. In this position you will be responsible for supporting the team work towards their goals. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex pipelines. The ideal candidates are passionate about working in games, have a strong understanding of dependency driven production methodologies, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with developers supporting and sustaining our live “as a service” player experiences
- Facilitate and support the team’s planning, organization, and tracking efforts – including responses to any live service issues that arise
- Coordinate team reviews and playtests with stakeholders, and organize the feedback into coherent action items for team members. Provide Screenshot and Video support as needed
- Provide ongoing risk assessments with respect to team health, process bottlenecks, development schedules, and overall quality of the product
- Support our internal and external content creation pipelines and collaborate with our audio, video, and marketing teams to ensure timely delivery of assets to their departments
- Submit and follow up with IT requests for software, hardware, and access to secure systems
- Document development meeting notes (as needed) and translate them into actionable tasks
What we're looking for
- Previous experience (3+ years) working in a production role where you've managed teams in the creation and delivery of high quality features and content
- Basic understanding of game development pipelines, estimating work, identifying bottlenecks, managing dependencies, and anticipating and proactively solving problems
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Jira, Slack, and Shotgrid is a bonus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$78,587 — $115,260 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.