The Cinematic Associate Producer role will be tasked in a wide-range of duties that may include working within a specific department or on special projects using pre-rendered and/or in-game assets. This position will support the department producers and supervisors by facilitating communication and information sharing between artists, supervisors, departments, and the rest of the team.
- Supports the department producer, project producers, supervisors, and artists with production priorities, delivery targets, and task deadlines necessary to keep the show on track.
- Tracks the development of assets and/or shotsthrough the cinematic pipeline and works with the Producers and artists to understand the status of assets/shots within their departments and updates the tracking software with current statuses.
- Organizes and schedules meetings related to the project, including arranging OT meals if necessary.
- Takes detailed notes during meetings and dailies and ensures timely delivery of notes to the crew on the project.
- Acts as a conduit for day-to-day information between the crew as needed or directed.
- Helps maintain confluence/wiki pages for the department or project. Communicate frequently with the other department managers and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with Shotgun and industry best practice standards.
- Understands production schedules, timelines, and bids.
- Able to effectively communicate with artistic and technical personnel, as well as show management and upper management.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative as the need arises.
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to interact and contribute as part of a team.
- Builds strong team relationships with artists, supervisors, directors, and project producers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan ahead, think outside the box, identify issues/roadblocks, and develop plans to prevent or minimize their impact on production.
- Ability to work in a unique, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and small budgets. Experience facilitating teams and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, JIRA
- Love of the storytelling process, especially via movies and animation
- Passion for Blizzard games; particularly World of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, and Overwatch.
- Familiarity working with an Animation and an In-Game Cinematics Pipeline
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Primary Location : United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.