Associate Localization Producer, In-Game Content
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
20 days ago
Job Title:Associate Localization Producer, In-Game Content
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment e xperiences...ever , driven by our core values and passion , Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe . The Localization team plays a key role in making that possible as our mission is to ensure that it feels Blizzard in every language to build and connect our global community .
As a member of the Localization Production team , you are a champion of Blizzard localized products and you continually elevate standards to establish top industry processes and quality by collaborating with our product creators and localization operations teams globally .
If you’re passionate about localization, constantly striving for excellence and possess the spark to continue to challenge the status quo in our industry , we’re looking for you to join our team based in Irvine, CA.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate closely with our game development teams to understand l ocalization needs and requirements
- Plan and manage l ocalization schedules, collaborate cross-functionally with our global teams, L ocalization P roject M anager s and/or external partners to define requirements and manage timelines
- Help d esign and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end l ocalization frameworks in collaboration with our Development and Localization teams
- Support initiatives to foster innovation by a nalyz ing current pain points in workflows and tools and actively provide recommendations for s ustainable solutions
- M ake independent decisions while assessing risks and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines , but know when to escalate and seek guidance
- You are a n excellent communicator; you know how to adjust your communication accordi ng to your audience and are continually elevating your influential skills
- You are efficient ; you know how to step back , prioritize and recalibrate your efforts so they are focused and impactful
- You’re curious; you’re eager to learn new skills and tools and seek to always ask the right questions
- You’re courageous; you are not afraid to challenge yourself and others to do the right thing and create accountability
- You make it happen; you are reliable , results-driven and know how to get things done
- You’re a n excellent juggler; you can handle multiple projects or tasks without dro pping the ball
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in l ocalization, preferably as a P roject M anager within the gaming or software industry
- U nderstanding of the end to end localization process for games or software products
- Familiarity with audiovisual localization workflows for subtitling and localized VO
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers, and peers
- BA/BS or 2 + years equivalent work experience
- You have hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within a TMS for large and complex projects
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats, TMS and CAT tools to manage and/or automate translation workflows
- You have experience with Machine Translation /NMT program setup and implementations
- You speak more than one language
- Familiarity with Blizzard games/IPs