Associate Live Operations Manager, Sales
Palo Alto, CA
12 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As an Associate Live Operations Manager, Sales you will play a crucial role in driving engagement through optimizing KPIs that align with MZ’s monetization and revenue goals.
You will be responsible for designing and executing live, in app sales to immerse our players in our games through gameplay, progression, and engagement. You will be making real-time decisions that directly influence the economic health of the game and impact the revenue of MZ.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in designing in app live sales and pricing, extensive knowledge of mobile games, exceptional creativity, detail-oriented, and ability to make effective decisions when pivoting.
We’re looking for talented candidates who are excited to be challenged in a fast paced environment and who can share the passion of designing fun and creative in app sales.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, strategize, execute sales within games based on data to drive engagement and monetization
- Collaborate with the Game Design and other cross-functional teams to ensure engaging new content and events are delivered to the highest quality
- Design, implement, and evaluate experiments to test hypothesis around live events to improve engagement, retention, and monetization across all MZ Games
- Drive engagement through the analysis of the in-game economy and other data metrics via reporting tools
- Track and measure events performance in relation to sales, features, tests, and results in order to evaluate performance of new events, features and game content
- Collaborate with the Sales team to support success of in-game sales
- Create solutions to maintain high retention and playtime time of users
Your background and who you are:
- BA/BS or higher in Economics, Mathematics, Psychology, Business, Finance, Statistics, Merchandising or related field
- 3+ years experience in analytical or product centric role analyzing large datasets focused
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make data driven decisions
- 2+ years working with intricate admin or CMS tools with management of deploying live content
- Ability to keep focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Demonstrable event creations skills (individual, group, community events)
- Strong team player and ability to influence up and across the organization
- Able to work creatively in a demanding technical and data driven environment
- Familiar with and passionate about analyzing user behavior on consumer mobile applications
- Proficient with SQL, Hive, or other querying language
- Expert with Excel preferred
- A passion and eagerness for playing and creating exciting games
- Experience in games; MMOs, free-to-play, social games, casino games, or mobile games
- Experience in monetization and retention analytics in social media, e-commerce or consumer products
- Strong background in statistics and mathematics
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.