Associate Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch
7 days ago
Job Title:Associate Gameplay Engineer - Treyarch
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for Gameplay to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. This is an opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Gameplay mechanics in the world’s premiere FPS franchise. We’re looking for someone who comes to the table with new ideas, but has the pragmatism required to ship a video game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with the engineering team and cross functions to craft best-in-class Gameplay experience for our next AAA title
- Contribute ideas, design, implement, optimize, and troubleshoot Gameplay systems in a large cross platform codebase
- Core programming C/C++ skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Core debugging, optimization, and performance analysis skills
- Core math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Game knowledge and basic understanding of the design principles behind games
- Familiarity with development software including Visual Studio and Source Control Tools
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative and productive challenges evolve
- And most importantly, a passion for making games
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Gameplay mechanics, AI, Animation, Vehicle, simulations, Weapon mechanics, Physics, Collision, Networking
- Experience with scripting languages
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.