Associate Game Services Engineer (New Grad / Early in Career)
14 days ago
Would you like to work on worlds that bring people from all over the world together? Do you want to learn to build and maintain high availability services used by millions of players? Would you like to join Bungie and help us build the best online game services in the world today?
As a Game Services Engineer at Bungie, you will be working closely with other service engineers, systems engineers, operations engineers, and product owners to maintain and iteratively improve Bungie’s online world. You’ll get to know not only our current services — you’ll help improve them it with the goal of creating a better online experience for our players. You will also help Bungie deliver on the company’s core purpose: to create worlds that inspire friendship. We're a small team without strict lines, so you'll be learning how to wear a lot of hats: developer, devops, play tester.
NOTE: Eligible applicants must be graduated from a college, university, or related program within 12 months, or planning to graduate this year, or moving from primarily learning to primarily working within 12 months or transitioning from one craft, function, or discipline to a new one
- Build and maintain production-quality C# code
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to create new game services
- Build trust and collaborate with other engineers in solving challenging problems
- Be part of an on call rotation
- Ability to write code in C#
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work well with others to reach common goals—team fit and culture are very important to us
- Experience with service development in C#, C++, Java, or another Object Oriented language
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL storage technologies
- Experience with message bus and streaming technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Experience of building and operating cloud-hosted services
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.