Associate Game Designer (Contract)
Orlando Florida United States
11 days ago
Associate Game Designer (Contract) – Madden Mobile
This mobile game design position is responsible for feature creation. The designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating, prototyping, and implementing new features.
What a Game Designer does at EA:
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Lead Designer and Product Owner.
- Maintain all design aspects of a game-as-service through the entire project life cycle.
- Create innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Balance game with consideration to fun gameplay, player acquisition, monetization, and engagement.
- Retain original IP’s core brand values and game experience within the service at all times.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with well-written documentation.
- Inspire the game team through progressive, creative design ideas.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms
The next great EA Mobile Designer needs:
- 2+ year’s industry experience specifically in game design or quality assurance.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create, and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual, mobile, or sports game genres.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for sports gaming
- Excellent creative, analytical, and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate, and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Thorough understanding of gameplay theories and interface design ability
- Superior communication skills with experience presenting visions both verbally and on paper
- Results orientated with strong documentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design is preferred