This job might no longer be available.
Associate Environment Director- BATTLEFIELD
8 days ago
Environment Artist– Hard Surfaces – (Create-BATTLEFIELD)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Worlds team enriches players' experience with environments and a variety of hard-surface assets such as vehicles, props & weapons. We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Environment Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Environment Artist is a creative role to work with teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to achieve the same quality as our teams. It is the role of Hard Surfaces Artists to partner with the Art Leads, External Development Art Director, team leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality and new ideas and to help create processes, and training for our external partners.
- Content reviews and feedback, ensuring content quality meets targets.
- Finalizing content to ensure quality requirements are met - on an "as-needed basis".
- Integration of external content into the game engine – on an "as-needed basis".
- Creation of hard surface briefs and packages.
- Participate in relevant art review meetings.
- As needed - the ability to travel to partner studios or OS vendors on multi-week visits to kick off the engagement, train external artists, and to learn from and work with the game team.
- Working with multiple studio Art Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations.
For this position, you will report to Leads and Project Managers.
- Artist with ideally 5+ years of 3D production experience, including in Hard Surface asset work (Character knowledge is also a benefit).
- Understanding of industry-standard 3D applications and general workflows Example: Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter - High poly, Low poly, UV and texturing practices.
- Knowledge of high-poly to low-poly surface baking.
- You understand WGLL (What Good Looks Like) from a AAA perspective on the Art Direction and Design.• Basic understanding of PBR materials and applications.
- You have experience creating briefs and organize packages for external partners.
- You have experience with provide feedback for hard surface work, and some character-related work.
- You want to learn to work in a new engine and integrate content.
- Familiarity with full production from concept ideation through final modeling and integration is a plus.
- You are able to work from home, or travel domestically and internationally, as travel restrictions and safety precautions allow.