Associate Department Manager, Engineering - World of Warcraft
11 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Department Manager, Engineering - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft engineering group is seeking a highly motivated and people first manager to support our engineers and engineering culture. You will work with the current engineering managers, and will be responsible for aiding career development, motivating and supporting engineers, and working with engineering leads to evaluate the engineers’ performance, providing coaching and counseling as needed.
We have an incredibly strong team of engineers who are dedicated and passionate about their work, and you will be applying your management background and skills to help improve the day-to-day life of this team.
This role, being a team support role would require you to be onsite for a portion of the week.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Champion healthy work/life balance for the engineering team
- Provide 1:1 coaching with both individual and lead engineers to ensure career goals, team alignment, and team health are maintained
- Help develop and make clear paths for engineers’ career development and facilitate performance reviews for the team
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with the other department managers, engineering leads, production, and HR manager
- Boost communication and facilitate feedback between engineers and engineering leads
- Partner with the production department, engineering leads, and recruiting with regards to staffing and hiring
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Some experience managing people or supporting teams
- Exposure with staffing, interviewing, and team building
- Takes initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective communicator
- High level of emotional intelligence and tact
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.