Associate Character Director
6 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such full body outfits, hair and headgear.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Lead Character Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Lead Character Artist is a creative role working with different Partner teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to achieve the same quality as our Create Art teams. It is the role of Models and Accessories Artists to partner with the Art Leads, External Development Art Director, team leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality and progress, and to help improve processes and training for our external partners.
For this role you will report to Project Managers and Art Director
Who You Are:
- Experienced with 7+ years of industry character creation production
- Prior experience participating in visual target and asset pipeline development, in collaboration with Project Managers, Leads & Art Directors
- Prior experience with External Development partners (setup, communication, feedback)
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly
- Prior experience leading a team of artist
- Expert-level modeling experience with Maya and ZBrush
- Expert-level texturing experience with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall emphasis on realism (Substance Designer is a plus)
- Knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to replicate real-world
- Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
- You are an expert in proportion and composition with expert eye for surface and colour
- Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
- Knowledgeable in the creation of clothing and how it should match the character style
- You have experience with Cloth & Hair Simulation
- Experienced in delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
- You have experience designing new workflows, troubleshooting and improving processes within a team to enhance character fidelity as a whole