Associate Artist, Video
1 month ago
Job Title:Associate Artist, Video
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world’ s most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activision ʹ s Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard ʹ s World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King ʹ s Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ 100 Best Companies to Work For® ʺ . Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company ’ s website, www.activisionblizzard.com
As an Associate Artist, Video, you will be responsible for creating various forms of video media content produced by Marketing Creative for the Call of Duty franchise. You will contribute in multiple areas of production from start to finish, with a main focus on editorial and a secondary focus on game capture, both creating your own content and supporting other Artists and Senior Artists. This position reports into the Creative Team Lead (Video).
- Background and Experience in editing.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC. Supporting knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins a plus.
- Experience in videography/cinematography.
- Experience capturing gameplay is a major plus.
- Background working with and troubleshooting game development builds to manipulate camera tools is a major plus.
- Capable of supporting creative briefs for video production in the following areas.
- Creative ideation of videos with knowledge of trailer editing techniques, including basic sound design and music editing.
- Knowledge in post-production workflows, including cutdowns, versioning, video codecs, transcoding, and media management.
- Work with and support other editors and capture artists in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in editing with Adobe Premiere CC. Supporting knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins a plus.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and multitask with composure and attention to detail.
- Passion and understanding of gaming.
- Good listener and able to give and take constructive criticism.
- A portfolio or demo reel showcasing editorial work.
- College degree in the requisite field or equivalent experience preferred.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.