Associate Art Director
5 days ago
We are seeking a highly creative, collaborative, and resourceful Associate Art Director to partner with our Environment Art Director and Chief Visual Officer to build UGC experiences in Core. The role will oversee the development of games and experiences for marketing, player events, and partnerships utilizing the Core platform.
The Associate Art Director will problem-solve, organize, communicate, present, mentor and oversee external and internal teams of artists and creators. They will collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of development; This AD loves to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Manticore is headquartered in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Work with Production to plan and prioritize the project’s Art deliverables.
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure that visuals serve design and narrative needs while balancing artistic quality with technical constraints.
- Represent the project and team to any external partners and/or stakeholders.
- Collaborate with creative leads to craft and communicate the artistic vision and experiences of a diverse range of projects;
- Create visual style guides, mood boards, art bibles, references, documentation and concept art.
- Set quality expectations and provide visual benchmarks.
- Ability to provide inspiring reviews through creative leadership.
- Concept and pitch high-level game ideas and experiences.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of project team members.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative and positive creative team culture.
- Leadership through collaboration, creativity, empathy and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Provide leadership and solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning.
- Strong foundational art skills and excellent understanding of shape, form, composition and color theory.
- Experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience).
- Shipped at least one title as a video game Art Director or Lead Artist.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software and game engines.
- Ability to accept and adapt to feedback.
- Exemplary communication skills in conveying complex ideas in plain English, whether to team members, partners, or other parts of the organization.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience shipping AAA games, or other experiences using the Unreal Engine 4.
- A genuine interest in a wide range of visual media and art forms beyond video games.
- Passion for world building and narrative experience.
- Experience with project management software.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and high competency in both 3D and 2D asset creation.
- Fluency in NFTs, Crypto, Metaverse.