Associate Animator - 3D
3 days ago
We're looking to expand our Art team here at Hypixel Studios which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building player-focused, community-powered games.
The key qualities we look for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
We are looking for someone experienced, willing to join a small team of artists, with the intent to become part of a unique art direction, and help us produce high quality visuals.
Our studio intends to empower our community by releasing a wide range of creative tools at the same time as our game, and we are also looking for passionate professionals, able to help us improve our in-game engine and editor accessibility, pushing further the limits of creativity.
Who You Are:
- You love to bring life to characters and environments
- You strive to bring an excellent attention to every single detail of your work
- You feel able to adapt to an existing art direction and work among other talented artists
- You are an excellent communicator: you love providing feedback and sharing knowledge with other team members.
- You are eager to learn and improve your own craft, and are able to identify your areas of improvement
- You are not afraid of working with inhouse solutions and different tools that are not industry standard.
Some of your role:
- Collaborate with art team and help making awesome visuals
- Use our inhouse animation editor to make large sets of animations for our creatures and props, going from attacks and spells, to emotes.
- 2+ years as an animator on real time or pre-rendered projects.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your understanding of animation principles in 3D.
- A strong understanding of 2D animated techniques.
- A strong understanding of Forward Kinematics techniques
- Knowledge about video editing and cut techniques
- Basic experience in 2D and 3D modeling and texturing
- Good understanding of art industry standard software (Adobe suite, Blender/Max/Maya, Unreal/Unity etc.), as well as a high capacity to learn new tools.
- Able to communicate fluently with artists, technical team members and studio leadership in a remote environment.
- Traditional art skills - Illustration, Sculpture, Painting and Anatomy knowledge.
- Understanding of color and light theory
- Understanding of some basic VFX and particle generation principles
- Knowledge in Technical Art and 3D rendering principles.
- Experience in dance or martial arts
We can offer:
- A chance to work on an ambitious game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.