Associate Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Overwatch
Irvine, CA, United States
8 days ago
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Associate Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Overwatch to lead strategic analysis focused on the identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for the Overwatch franchise.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. A tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down! Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- A minimum of 1+ years’ experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Data Analytics, Product Management, or Finance
- MBA or Masters’ degree in an analytical field
- Passionate gamer with working knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services (particularly Overwatch)
- Experience working with data using SQL
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!