Assistant Producer - 6 month FTC
7 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Are you passionate about gaming and interested in a career in the games industry?
- Do you have excellent computer literacy that could be used to support production of AAA games?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the recently released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Assistant Producer and join our passionate and talented production team on a fixed term contract, where you can play a part in building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Assistant Producer role:
The Assistant Producer is a new role dedicated to supporting the production team with all aspects of game development for your project. You will help to monitor the production team’s progress and be involved in localisation as the project gets closer to completion. As part of the production team, you will play a key role in ensuring the organisation of the production team and supporting the timely completion of the project.
This role would suit someone who has a genuine interest in and knowledge of gaming; and a good standard of computer literacy.
This role will provide exposure to all elements of the game’s development cycle and give you the experience to propel your career in games!
- Assisting in any way in the managing of a project from initial concept through to publication, monitoring team progress and maintaining the project schedule as directed by the senior production staff
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Working with programmers, artists, designers, audio staff and external contractors to ensure a good working environment and atmosphere
- Managing Localisation/LocQA (exporting/importing strings, forwarding/verifying quotes and invoices, managing bugs and feedback)
- Working with various departments to assure that all relevant materials are prepared ahead of submission to all platform holders
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows into work
- Support the Senior Producer(s) in any ad hoc tasks and duties
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
Please note this role is a six month fixed term contract which will end six months after your start date.
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel
- Competently able to solve problems of moderate complexity
- Knowledge of the video game industry, with own gaming experience
- Able to manage workload with moderate levels of supervision
- Ability to adapt to new processes or pipelines
- Knowledge of the video game development process and production pipelines would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management would be advantageous
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries