Assistant Audio Artist (Temp)
23 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is fun! That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Yup - it’s the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
The Localization Audio Artist and team are accountable for Manage audio and video assets in different languages, from recording to bug fixing delivering the highest quality assets into the game. You will be co-working with different territories around Europe, development studios around the world and being part of a complete project design-technical-audio team in Madrid.
What a Loc. Audio Artist does at EA:
As a Localization Audio Artist, your primary focus will be to manage recording assets and, if required, assist external recording studios when needed to guarantee EA’s quality standards. Also, you will analyze and schedule up the project plan while tracking project’s schedules and predict risks.
You will be focused on supporting the lead/s of the project in any actions. Bug fixing of audio, being responsible of the final audio quality of all integrated languages in a Title and the integration of the localized audio in the game with EA internal tools or third-party ones and being responsible of an audio project oriented to banks, contexts, events, and parameters. You will use your skills to map samples to banks and assign design information to them.
You will also spend time checking localized audio files in depth and master them as close as the English audio using batch processes, massive renaming, sometimes up to 15 languages and thousands of files.
Handle the audio integration, checking and adjusting levels in different languages and having legacy behaviors.
The next great EA Loc. Audio Artist also needs:
- University Degree or Audio Degree (+2 year) or equivalent experience.
- Audio tools knowledge:
- MAC environment experience.
- PC audio applications fluency (ProTools, Reaper, Wavelab…), audio plug-ins management proven experience.
- Experience in studio recordings (dubbing at least).
- 3 years’ experience in audio tools management.
- Good knowledge of interactive multimedia or games.
- Up to 1 year experience in localization recordings and voice treatment.
- Fluency in English.
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office.
- Minimum programming knowledge (Access databases, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and Scripting programming and SQL desired).