Assistant / Associate Game Designer
Dublin County Dublin Ireland
22 days ago
VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A TALENTED ENTRY-LEVEL DESIGNER TO HELP BUILD OUR NEW MULTIPLAYER ONLINE CO-OPERATIVE (MOCO) GAME.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on taking our new genre of game to the next level. This person loves playing games as much as making games and understands the nuances of what great gameplay feels like from a player perspective.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model but we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but transition to full time in Dublin, Ireland at a later time. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do
- Work with the existing team to help design, implement, and maintain characters and content in the game using UE4
- Partner with creative, VFX, animation, and production to help implement high quality gameplay elements
- Creation of and general maintenance of documentation related to our game project
- Contribute to design discussions across the project to help create an experience players love
- Experience working with Unreal Engine in personal, professional, or academic projects.
- Strong understanding of online multiplayer gameplay, with an emphasis in MOBAs or ARPGs
- Able to work to maintain a positive attitude in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Deep play experience in Co-Operative or Roguelike games
- Previous demonstrable design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
- Competitive Salary
- Company Share Options
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible PTO with Summer & Winter Breaks
- Parental Leave Flexibility
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and mobile games in the MOBA or ARPG genres
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work