Art Pipeline Developer Internship
4 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for an Intern to work with our Art Pipeline Team to help ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our asset creation tools and workflows. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Art Pipeline Team provides critical studio software development and support to artists and leads across all Epic projects. As an intern, you will learn the Fortnite pipeline, support artists in their day-to-day workflows, and partner with developers to build upon our existing codebase.
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist leads and artists with troubleshooting of production problems
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Character, Hard Surface, Environment, and Animation
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines
- Work closely with other Pipeline Developers, Producers, and Leads
- Testing and fixing tools created by other pipeline developers
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python and Object Oriented Programming required.
- Professional and educational focus on the game industry, computer animation, or visual effects.
- Focused interest in developing and integrating tools into a production pipeline.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine and its workflows preferred
- Experience with 3rd Party CG systems such as Blender, Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Houdini, and ShotGrid
- Seeks knowledge from co-workers and supervisors.
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical groups.
- Ability to work within an existing code base, including debugging unfamiliar code.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. F or more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students .
This is going to be Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.