Art Outsourcing Producer
1000 Bridge Parkway, Redwood City, CA. 94065
21 days ago
Art Outsourcing Producer
Storm8 is looking for a world class Outsourcing Producer to help us develop the next generation of mobile social games! We are looking for fun, energetic people who have a passion for building great products and bringing our games to life. So, if you think you have the chops to deliver something unique come talk to us!
Our Outsourcing Producer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and owning the outsourcing process and pipeline. This position will oversee the approval process for all assets being submitted from our multiple outsourcing vendors and contractors. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player, have precise attention to detail and strong knowledge of art pipelines.
- Collaborates with other OS Producers in allocating outsourcing assignments while maintaining awareness of project status, deliverables, resources and deadlines
- Partners closely with OS Production team to ensure a healthy outsourcing pipeline and strong relationships
- Identifies opportunities for improvement within the OS production pipelines
- Oversees the approval process for all assets being submitted from our multiple outsourcing companies and contractors
- Partners closely with cross-functional teams to maintain development cadence across a portfolio of games
- Provides art direction for multiple Outsourcing Vendors while maintaining short-term and long-term outsourcing pipelines
- Partners with various departments (Product, Production, Art and Game Design) as the main communication channel and principal contact for multiple Outsourcing vendors
- Communicates closely with vendors, ensuring art feedback is clearly communicated and understood
- Manages the timeline, organization and delivery of final art production assets; ensures they are consistent with brand and style requirements and are handed off seamlessly
- Ensures work is delivered on time to meet project deadlines
- Reviews art assets thoroughly and quickly resolves/iterates on problematic areas
- Communicates outsourcing production bottlenecks
- Provides constructive written and visual feedback to vendors for the highest quality
- Shares knowledge and experience with other members of the OS team by providing constructive feedback
- Evaluates art asset requests based on internal milestone schedules
- BA degree in animation, illustration, fine arts, graphic art/design, or a closely related discipline
- 3 years of experience with art production in game development
- Deep understanding of core artistic principles including color, composition, structure and perspective.
- A strong art portfolio representing both 2D and 3D work that displays proficiency in Maya, Unity, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Able to produce art assets across 2D, 3D (incl. model, texture, rigging, animation) discipline, and review Unity asset implementation in the outsourcing pipeline for individual or multiple game(s) and feature(s) with guidance from senior OS team members.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience producing high-quality assets within specific technical limitations
- The ability to communicate clearly, directly, and concisely
- Experience with a wide range of outsourcing issues such as solving and operating solutions that require high availability and low latency solutions
- Experience in deadline-oriented and fast-paced outsourcing environments that require rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- The ability to manage, produce, coordinate and multi-task effectively under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with a strong understanding of mobile game 2D and 3D art pipelines
- Self-motivated with a professional attitude and the ability to take constructive criticism
- Passion for understanding mobile games
About Storm8: Leading mobile game network Storm8 creates a world of play and discovery. Based in San Mateo, California, Storm8’s network includes over 45 games across multiple genres—so there is something for everyone. Storm8’s high-quality experiences and deep storytelling keep global users engaged, whether they play for minutes or hours at a time. For more information, please visit www.storm8.com .