Art Outsource Manager
Oxford England United Kingdom
12 days ago
Rebellion Oxford is seeking a highly motivated Art Out-Source Manager to join its development team. The successful candidate will assist in the management of external artwork for established franchises and new IP aided by a proven outsourcing pipeline in place and delivering. Applicants will need to demonstrate a mix of artistic flare and management skills.
An ideal applicant will have at least 3 year’s industry experience in any art discipline, with at least 1 year experience of working with or managing out-source artwork.
Please ensure your application is supplemented with your portfolio of art work.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. This is a permanent in-house role and you must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Work within the development team to facilitate the smooth movement of art assets between internal and out-source teams, reporting to the Head of Outsourcing
- Ensure art assets are made available to the art team members and that feedback is made available to the out-source team
- Work alongside the project’s senior staff to ensure assets are delivered on time to the required technical and aesthetic level
- Assist the internal artists in the authoring of out-source briefing / asset packs
- Track the progress and status of art assets in conjunction with the project’s senior staff
- Have an on-going passion for creating game artwork to keep abreast of the latest techniques and processes used by internal and out-source teams
- Highly motivated, organized and approachable, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to change
- Thorough understanding of game art and creation processes, for example high resolution sculpting, UV layout, texturing, rigging, animation and use of shaders
- Excellent spoken, written and diagrammatic communication skills, able to explain complex instructions to an external team
- Able to identify any risks and issues in the out-source pipeline and proactively seek solutions
- Able to evaluate and assess assets marked for out-source in order to budget geometry, texture and time allocations accurately
- Software knowledge should include 3d package such as Maya/Max/Blender with a knowledge of sculpting such as Zbrush or Mudbox, and knowledge of photogrammetry, Marvellous designer and rigging would be advantageous.