Art Outsource Manager - Star Trek Fleet Command
14 days ago
Scopely is looking for an Art Outsource Manager to join Star Trek Fleet Command in Barcelona/ Spain on a hybrid/ remote basis for a 4 month fixed term contract.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed 4X MMO was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You Will Do
- You will work with the Art Lead, Creative Producer and external Creative teams to help create 3D ships, buildings and characters, animations - as well as 2D concepts and illustrations
- You will be a key part of the art team, managing all outsource projects
- Support the Art team in creating briefs and providing feedback on outsourcing artwork ensuring the visual style is followed at all times
- Train the Outsource team on internal tools and processes as needed
- Provide detailed paint overs with written notes to ensure quality is being maintained
- Ensure outsource work is delivered to quality, on time and on budget
- Maintain and improve upon the outsource pipeline as the project progresses
- Work with the Creative Producer to create and maintain the schedule for content creation
- Act as the main point of contact for the outsourcing studios
- Establish and attend any daily meetings/ stand-ups/ retro to ensure a smooth workflow with internal and external teams
- Conduct, track and maintain outsourcing partner reviews to highlight any repetitive issues and successes
- Troubleshoot problems with the outsourcing partners
- Work with the Creative Producer and Art team to determine the optimal level of work to be placed with the correct outsource partner
- Deliver critical feedback on assets to external vendors and communicate the project status and challenges to internal teams in advance
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in task management for 3D and 2D assets for high-end mobile platforms
- Experience using with Maya or Max, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Zbrush and working knowledge of Unity
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will have a thorough knowledge of 3D modeling
- You will have a strong eye for art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, lighting and rendering
- Solid understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR)
- Supervisory experience with international and distributed teams
- Keen project management experience
- Ability to challenge partners to ensure highest quality is achieved
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal: to articulate our asset creation process and provide critical feedback to external vendors from multiple regions around the globe. Communicate clearly with the Creative Producer and Art team on project status and highlighting potential challenges well in advance
Please include a portfolio or PDF/links to examples of your work in the applicatio n.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Notice to candidates: Scopely, Inc and its affiliates will never request payment or ask for financial information as a condition for applying to a position or receiving an offer of employment. All official Scopely, Inc. recruiters only use email domains that end with @scopely.com.
Our official website is www.scopely.com
. Please only apply to positions posted on our official website and ensure the recruiter only communicates via the official email domain.
Should you have any questions or encounter any fraudulent requests/emails/websites, please immediately contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.