15 days ago
The position is with realworld one. You will be a part of the creation of a first-ever VR/AR World of Science and Technology experience; a collaborative Virtual and Augmented Reality gaming platform between industry leading scientists and universities for one of the world’s biggest industries. If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of VR and AR through Science and Technology with a gamification element, this may be the opportunity for you!
RW1 is committed to making visually compelling VR and AR experiences. We are currently seeking a full-time Art Director at our Freiburg, Germany office. The Art Director not only sets the visual style of the experiences, but provides specific guidance, both artistic and technical, on how to achieve those goals.
- Manage the art team across all active projects and marketing endeavours.
- Ensure that final production art is up to expected standards of design and polish.
- Give hands-on detailed feedback to internal and external artists.
- Manage time projections and resource assignments for all art projects.
- Define art standards and processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the creative workflow.
- Expertise in industry standard art tools (Maya, 3DsMax, Blender, UE4, CC Suite, etc..)
- On site position - candidate must be willing to relocate to Freiburg, Germany.
- Proven ability to lead a team of artists across multiple areas: environment, characters, user-interface, visual effects, concept, etc.
- Be a collaborative partner in the hiring & interviewing process for new artists joining the project, as well as outsourcing and roles in other disciplines as appropriate.
- Visual Development: Collaborate with your art team and project leadership through conversations, concept art, iteration, and prototyping - to find and define a clear visual target that best serves the design goals and pillars of the game, while also fitting the projects budget and schedule.
- Provide effective, timely feedback to the art team during production. Through feedback, keep the project visuals on-target and high quality.
- Design experience in the entertainment and/or game arenas.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your skillset and experience.
- Deep understanding of the art production pipelines to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Expert-level familiarity with Autodesk Maya and/or 3ds Max, Adobe CC, UE4, Substance Painter.
- High proficiency in areas such as lighting, rendering, and texturing.
- Expertise with PBR based pipelines, software, and assets.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and ability to multi-task.
- Create, maintain, and enforce the style guide and other high-level documentation.
- You take initiative to solve problems and you have excellent follow-through.
- Successful track record in leading a multidisciplinary creative team.
- Excellent grammar skills and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Balance visual quality with experience needs, budgetary constraints, and platform performance, in the service of the best overall VR/AR experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation and visa/immigration support will be provided by the company for the employee and their family
- All office communications are in English
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.