This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
Are you a creative and dedicated game developer who loves a challenge? Paradox Development Studio is excited to be working on a new grand strategy game, which will take GSGs to the next level! Sounds interesting? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As the Art Director’s (AD), your primary responsibility is to ensure innovation and maintain the quality of the art in Paradox games, and to coordinate interplay between Paradox games art styles, ensuring they have a distinct and separate identity.
You will work closely with the game projects providing artistic direction that strives to enhance the gameplay experience. This entails working with Game Directors to drive the vision of our current and future titles, and aligning the artistic direction with the overall vision of the game from a design perspective.
Your work will involve close collaboration with the Art Lead and Concept Artists during pre-production to establish the art style for the projects, and create style guides for the team.
On live projects, you will be responsible for leading the art team together with the Art Producer, ensuring that the art direction is set, maintained and that the deliverables meet the deadlines.
This will include regular production follow-up meetings/one-on-ones with Art Leads, as well as reviewing project artwork and providing artistic feedback, both to your art team and to Game Directors and Project Leads.
- Around 10 years of experience in the games industry as an Art Director, Lead Artist or in a similar management position.
- In depth understanding of art production processes and experience with the full development cycle in multiple shipped titles.
- Ability to create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles.
- Solid artistic background and strong sense of aesthetics in Concept, Illustration, UI, 3D, Animation,VFX etc.
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation.
- Articulate in contextualizing decisions, communicating ideas and giving and receiving feedback in English.
- Ability to inspire and develop a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- An interest for historical accuracy and paradox grand strategy games.
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact with the world's leading developer for Grand Strategy games!
As part of the recruitment process, you may be asked to perform a test.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude, and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We, therefore, encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.