This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
GSN Games is looking for an Art Director with excellent leadership, artistic and planning skills to join the fabulous London Team!
Jackpot! About the GSN Games Casino Studio:
Slots, bingo, cards, and more! Work on incredible games, including a top-10 grossing app, alongside the best in the business.
About the Role:
As Art Director you will work with a passionate group of people and manage a world-class Creative team as we work to develop the next big thing in the casual home décor space.
Every day, you will work directly with world class artists and programmers to create a beautiful, industry-leading mobile app that push the envelope in our space.
You will partner with the studio leadership in Production, Technology, Design, Product and HR to develop a truly fantastic game while building and developing your Creative team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the Studio Leadership in making our world-class mobile products beautiful and aspirational
- Oversee all aspects of the Creative team and have input and final sign-off on all assets for the game
- Negotiate and plan with teams across different studios to deliver the best looking app possible
- Work closely with both 3D and 2D artists to bridge the gap between artist and developer
- Lead the charge on creative problem solving, working with technical artists on issues that may arise from other programs when working within Unity
- Anticipate the needs of artists training
- Be creative! Openly suggest more beautiful, fun and dynamic ways to do things, and back that them up by trying. We want to learn from you!
- Evangelise your point of view. Give and seek open feedback. Evolve. Be comfortable educating your peers on how you make technical artistry happen.
- Excellent Experience in leading art teams throughout the full development cycle
- Outstanding knowledge of development pipelines 2D and 3D
- Excellent management skills, ability to adapt to situations, negotiations & planning
- Ability to provide constructive criticism and help improve the overall art quality across all art disciplines
- Excellent ability to mentor the art team around you
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & illustrator
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- A mind for both artistic and technical workflows
- Strong ability to make critical artistic and process decisions to produce the best quality product quickly and efficiently
- Excellent understanding of UI & UX design
- Your folio must demonstrate a wide variety of artwork created to a high level
- You should have an awareness of the most popular social games and the art styles they employ
- Art degree or excellent game-focused portfolio
- Games production experience, a published social game title would be advantageous
- Excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
- Ability to adapt to a broad range of artistic styles
- Excellent attention to detail
- It would be hugely beneficial if you had a genuine interest in playing and making industry leading social games
- Knowledge of Maya, Zbrush a distinct advantage