4 days ago
PC/Console Art Director
Play With Fire, a new studio part of Amber, focused on PC and Console original IP, is looking for an experienced Art Director with a thorough understanding of video game development and art production pipelines.
Our ideal candidate would have experience leading a team and collaborating with senior leadership in directing an art department.
As Art Director for one of our new upcoming PC/Console original IP you are responsible for developing and leading our art team to help establish art direction, set benchmarks and coordinate and lead the art production of the game.
Creates the artistic vision of the game and provides direction to realize that vision including:
- Evangelizing the vision;
- Providing feedback and art critique;
- Defining visual targets and style guides;
- Collaborating with leadership to drive all artwork.
Able to produce artwork in multiple styles via expert knowledge of visual language and themes to provide directional benchmarks for the whole team
Evaluates, hires, and manages all art disciplines and third parties/outsource. Develops leadership and empowers the team by sharing ownership and autonomy. Uses experience to help with scoping and risk management on projects
Oversees the production of art tools, production pipelines, content creation. Has the technical knowledge required to realize the artistic vision. Identifies new tools and evaluates competing products for suitability/cost/use/etc. Has a thorough and broad technical understanding of assets and best practices.
- You lead and direct a team of artists of one of our new upcoming PC/Console original IP in an international development team;
- Heavily involved in every stage of a game’s development cycle being responsible for the highest quality art for the product (2D, 3D, animations);
- Through pre-production, leads the creation of storyboards, logos, user interfaces, character design, environments and all other visual material and concepts;
- As keeper of the art vision for the game, you align product needs with visual style to create an exciting game experience for millions of players;
- You work closely together with the creative director, programmers, game designers and other internal stakeholders;
- Motivates the team, keeping artists focused, and efficiently devises solutions to mitigate art product risks;
- You play the key role in the team being able to ship the game and its updates in time and in quality;
- Furthermore, you are responsible for coordinating art outsourcing partners.
- A minimum of 2-year prior experience as a lead artist on an art team;
- At least 5 years hands-on experience on games, ideally from scratch;
- Strong knowledge in building design or environment art, as well as different art-styles, techniques, and workflows in game development;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of asset creation including modeling, texturing, animation, sprite production, UI and VFX;
- Strong communication and leadership skills combined with a start-up mentality, strong determination and ownership for the product;
- Fluent English language skills;
- Basic/Beginner knowledge of UE4, scene assembly and public variable modifications in order to author existing scenes, assets and lighting
Required Application Materials:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating production, artistic and technical skills