Art Director - Spellslingers
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
17 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to work with some of the best artists in the industry on exciting digital card game illustrations? Magic: the Gathering is hiring a new Art Director to work on digital Magic games.
Are you a curious, highly engaged, and experienced visual creative who is immersed in fantasy art and video games? Do you have experience in crafting art pipelines for digital games? Are you experienced with working within an established brand/IP while constantly looking to grow the brand’s visual expression? If so, please apply today!
What You'll Do
- Commission a high volume of artwork for digital cards: identifying freelance illustrators for each piece, providing continuous direction on individual pieces, and maintaining solid relationships with those partners
- Establish the visual style for new content releases. Ensure all digital art produced adheres to that style
- Review digital-friendly files to ensure final card quality
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ yrs in digital game development; AAA game experience a plus
- A portfolio demonstrating strong creative vision
- Knowledge of current digital fantasy illustration market/talent
- Understanding of Magic as both a game and a brand
- Strong communication skills and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- High attention to detail and are organized
- Ability to demonstrate ownership over commissioned work and concept art
- Good experience with Adobe Photoshop, proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, and MS Word Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with content creation and game engine tools
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .