This job might no longer be available.
Art Director, Marketing Creative Services
3 months ago
Niantic Marketing produces a variety of art assets to help build excitement and interest in our games and company through the creation of hero art, demo videos, in game promotions, merchandise, live event activations, social media assets, and more. We do this with cross-functional internal teams of artists, designers, writers; and with various external vendors and design agencies.
Niantic Marketing seeks an Art Director to clearly define and direct the artistic vision for these marketing projects, and to manage and grow a small team of designers. We're looking for a creative designer with a proven track record for unifying and crafting compelling visuals, whilst also demonstrating a keen interest for emerging technologies, including Augmented Reality.
- Champion the project's aesthetic quality by providing clear direction and feedback to both internal and external teams.
- Create inspirational visuals to unify and advance the artistic direction of the marketing creative deliverable.
- Envision and direct a range of art assets from 2D concepts to 3D assets.
- Work with the production manager to schedule and estimate timelines and goals for milestone planning.
- Provide strong leadership and career mentorship to support the creative goals and ambitions of the art team.
- Help foster and maintain the creative relationship between external partners and internal art teams.
- Enhance the standard of our marketing team’s visual aesthetic by collaborating closely with the Technical Art, Engineering, and Design departments.
- Previous experience as an Art Director with 6 or more years working in game development or advertising agency creative teams, including at least one AR or VR project; or equivalent leadership experience.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates compelling 2D and 3D art assets across multiple genres of games or marketing creative projects.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with excellent problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- Proven ability to work with an established 3rd-party IP.
- You have a passion for games, AR, Mixed-Reality, and location-based experiences.
- Familiarity with mobile games and/or the app development process.
- Technical ability with a thorough understanding of Unity, mobile rendering and post processing.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.