Art Director (Dungeons & Dragons)
12 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Our adventuring party at Dungeons & Dragons®, the world’s greatest role-playing game, is looking for a ground-breaking Art Director to join our award-winning team; a creative individual who will guide, elevate, and champion our studio’s vision of D&D through dynamic art commissioning and strategic, hands-on conceptual development.
What You'll Do:
- Review, lead, and collaborate on Art Orders and Pre-Production Concept Pushes for D&D products with D&D Studio’s Game Design Team.
- Commission high volumes of artwork to populate D&D products, ensuring assets are crafted efficiently and with industry-leading quality standards in mind.
- Complete daily feedback cycles and approvals for our incredible group of freelance artists, as well as daily interactions and tracking within our internal creative asset management systems.
- Think strategically about the artwork you commission and how it empowers the player experience.
- Periodically provide creative direction to both internal and external partners by curating references and assets on an as-needed basis.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years of relevant, creative-focused experience, especially in directing and commissioning artists across multiple subject areas.
- Extensive knowledge of Pre-Production and conceptual processes for both print and digital product spaces.
- General knowledge of Pre-Press processes for book and other printed products.
- A proactive “yes, and” approach to concepting, feedback, and mentorship. You are a strong visual storyteller and collaborator at heart, using loose sketching, paint-overs, and other artist-focused methodologies to communicate direction.
- A personal portfolio of incredible artwork that you have either led in the creation of or fully developed through your own volition and talent. This includes but is not limited to characters, creatures, environments, architecture, items, costumes, equipment, and gear.
- A genuine and contagious love for and curiosity about Dungeons & Dragons® and/or other table-top experiences!
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment that revolves around multiple product development calendars.
- General experience working within a Project Management tool (SmartSheet, Wrike, Trello).
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.