Application Security Engineer
9 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for someone to build and drive Security features across Rec Room. Including building vulnerability tools, methods to eliminate vulnerabilities at scale, new security mitigations, and work across teams to refactor and update high-risk code bases. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience writing C#, demonstrated ability in implementing security controls across the CI/CD pipeline, strong computer science skills, and a passion for keeping the Rec Room player community safe.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Own and drive application security related efforts across other teams at Rec Room, and a contributing member to the overall Rec Room security strategy
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build secure new technology for our players
- Mentor developers and engineers around security best practices
- Utilize and/or build software to find and fix security vulnerabilities and exploits across Rec Room's clients and servers
- Be continually learning new skills in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Work autonomously, solving technical design, and development problems
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of information security experience in any domain
- Experience with application exploitation techniques, mitigations, and prevention
- Experience with implementation and/or management of tools that protect source code and applications, such as security code analysis, application/API security scanning techniques, Web Application Filters, and API gateways and API management tools
- Experience with analyzing existing applications to identify security weaknesses and recommend fixes/mitigations for those weaknesses
- Experience with architecting and building applications with security best practices (such as OWASP application security recommendations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- 1+ years of systems programming experience
- Experience with cloud service architecture (ideally Azure)
- Strong track record of vulnerability research and discovery
- Expert understanding of encryption or security controls
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec room inc strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.