Animator - Toys for Bob
7 days ago
Job Title:Animator - Toys for Bob
Position Title: GAnimator
Toys For Bob is a stellar team of inventors, makers, and magicians from all over the world who have been developing epic AAA games for far-reaching IPs like Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, and Skylanders since 1989. We are based out of a former military hangar that has been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. If you love games and the people who play them; if you are great at what you do and are committed to continual growth, we'd love for you to be part of our family!
- Toys For Bob is looking for a talented Animator. In this role, you will create and edit stylized and photorealistic 1st and 3rd person animations. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of animation principles and is able to problem solve with riggers and technical designers. .
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the Lead, Sr Animators and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
- Plan, animate, implement, and support complex animations
- Create great animation using motion capture data or making original work through keyframe animation
- Follow group standards and best practices
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines, including art, design, and audio
- Manage day-to-day development issues, identify problems, and drive creative solutions to fix them
- Might be the owner of minor animation sets and or scenes
- Work with outsourcing tools to implement animation assets
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- 3 - 5 years of animation experience in the game industry
- Broad knowledge of game animations that spans across all parts of the development
- Knowledge of Motion Capture Editing and cleanup
- Ability to take direction.
- You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and work discipline
- Experience with Maya
- Experience with scripting
You’ll really catch our eye:
- Experience with facial animation.
- Experience animating non-humanoid characters
- Passion for first person shooters .