Animator (Star Wars Team)
8 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an Animator who will provide fresh performances through believable, compelling animation. We are looking for someone who will help us create an immersive experience through remarkable animations and gameplay.
What you’ll do...
- Create a variety of awesome animations for AI systems with a focus on combat.
- Implement animations into the project’s engine with full ownership of your work.
- Take animations from conceptualization to shipping with minimal direction if necessary.
- Work with multiple departments such as Art, Design and Code to help design and realize memorable characters.
- Have access to our motion capture facility and the opportunity to direct shoots for your work as needed.
Ideally, you also will have...
- A strong understanding of video game animation development.
- Strong keyframing ability.
- Strong understanding of body mechanics both human and creature.
- An eye for small performance moments that sell the personality of a character.
- A reel with examples of your work demonstrating the above.
- 1.5+ years experience animating.
- Good communication and a collaborative nature.
- Solid grasp of relevant software packages such as Maya and Unreal 4.
- Motion Capture cleanup experience.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and reel and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks .