Animator - Monopoly GO!
1 month ago
Scopely is looking for an Animator to join our Monopoly Go! team in Seville on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
You will create animatics, transitions, 2D and 3D animations and VFX, UI animations, character animations, and more. You will work with Tech Artists, UI artists, UX designers, and Engineers to create stable and performant animations that focus on player experience
- Work with the Animation Director and Art Director to help set and push the animation quality bar and express storytelling through in-game animations
- Understand animator workflow and provide technical support for the efficient production and implementation of high-quality animation
- Work with engineers, animators, and technical artists to maintain, and improve animation tools and pipeline.
- Give feedback on animation created by internal artists and external co-developers or outsourcers
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Work with production to ensure timely completion of animation tasks
- Work collaboratively with the narrative, design, and art team.
What We’re Looking For
- Expert hand-key animation skills and clear knowledge of animation fundamentals
- 3+ years of professional experience creating animations for games
- Experience with real-time particle and VFX-based animations
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Online Portfolio demonstrating animation art skills and technical art skills such as rigging, vfx, etc
- Some experience in giving feedback and mentoring
- Some experience with technical implementation of animations in UI and feature development in Unity
- Some experience with game feature development, player experience, story, creating previz. (After effects, Photoshop, Animate)
- Additional proficiency in drawing, texturing, and modeling is preferred
- Proficiency in Photoshop and After Effects preferred
- Knowledge of Jira
- Mobile games experience
Please include a portfolio/reel or PDF/links to examples of your work in the applicatio n.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Notice to candidates : Scopely, Inc and its affiliates will never request payment or ask for financial information as a condition for applying to a position or receiving an offer of employment. All official Scopely, Inc. recruiters only use email domains that end with @ scopely.com
Our official website is www.scopely.com
. Please only apply to positions posted on our official website and ensure the recruiter only communicates via the official email domain.
Should you have any questions or encounter any fraudulent requests/emails/websites, please immediately contact email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.