Animator [Avatar Project]
16 days ago
As a part of the Animation team at Massive, you will work with our talented Narrative Realization Team to craft stunning and life like character animations, with the support from both technical animators and tech/tools programmers to create character and storytelling sequences.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key frame and motion capture animation to breathe life into the world
- Collaborating with designers and programmers to craft compelling character sequences
- When needed, you will take part in motion capture shoots
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level
- Coordination with artists and leads to proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
You as a person
You’re passionate about playing and making games and keep yourself up to date with the latest releases and developments. You are driven by delivering high-quality and creative animations and love to push the boundaries of what animation can accomplish. Your commitment to the player experience makes you a source for inspiration within your team and among other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator. In addition, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values with the following skills and experience:
- Professional animation experience in cinematics either from the game or movie industry. You’ve probably worked on bigger productions and are used to collaborate with designers and programmers
- Relevant and updated portfolio/demo-reel
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanic forms
- Professional experience working with Maya
It’s considered a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with motion capture
- Experience with facial animation
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.