This job might no longer be available.
Animation Producer - Contract
2 months ago
This position will be the organizational and driving force behind the Animation department, ensuring that all Animators are tasked and resourced appropriately to consistently stay on schedule and meet deadlines. This position oversees the Animation Coordinator and is responsible for their tasking, scheduling and duties on a day-to-day basis.
*In this climate of constant change, candidates must be able to work and telecommunicate from home, as well as be able to work onsite if/when that becomes an option.*
- Managing the Animation Director:
- Ensuring that the Animation Director has access to the Directors and supervisors in order for a steady flow of communication between all departments.
- Scheduling regular internal and cross departmental meetings and syncs in order to achieve the Animation Director’s vision and mandate.
- Managing the Animators:
- Assigning and tasking the lead Animators and Animators to ensure production needs are being met while staying on schedule.
- Have regular kickoffs, meetings and reviews with the Directors for notes and approvals on action, performance and technical animation issues.
- Guide the Animation team through reviewing and approving all shots per episode in order to stay on schedule.
- Managing the Fight Team:
- Assigning and tasking the Fight Team Animators to ensure production needs are being met while staying on schedule, tasking out fights weeks ahead of time.
- Ensure that the Fight Team works closely with the Leads, Animation Director and Directors for crucial fight choreography detail to maximize fight animation and performance.
- Staying in Sync with Production
- Attending bi-weekly producer syncs, weekly Status meetings, season and episode kickoffs, watch throughs and other specific meetings, reviews and syncs as they arise throughout production in order to stay in communication with every other part of the pipeline, and the overall production schedule and goals.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Producer within the Entertainment industry, Animation production a plus
- Degree in Broadcast, Media or Production-related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- Team-player who excels in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize and respond accordingly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as an ability to multi-task.
- Extensive Experience with:
- Shotgun - Google Drive - SmartSheets - Docusign - Concur - Confluence
About Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com